The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus:
Deadline Date: Thursday, October 24, 2019
The successful applicant for the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Gender and Development Studies in the IGDS: NBU, should be an engaged and dynamic academic with a commitment to excellence in teaching, supervision, scholarship and willing to actively participate in fulfilling the outreach mandate of the IGDS: NBU. Candidates should possess a PhD in Gender/Women’s Studies or a related field, and specialization in one or more of the following areas:
- Feminist Political Economy / Feminist International Political Economy / Feminist Analysis of Global Governance
- Feminist Economics or Science and Technology
- Feminist International Relations or Studies of Development
- Feminist Approaches to Quantitative Research
We also invite candidates with related or other specializations in Feminist/Women’s/Gender Studies, (not listed in the above), with the requisite research and teaching experience (described below) to apply:
- Teach and actively participate in the development of new programmes and courses at the graduate and undergraduate level;
- Supervise students in the PhD, MPhil and MSc programmes within the IGDS:NBU;
- Participate in IGDS:NBU research, research and outreach projects and publications; support fundraising for research and outreach projects; pursue personal research and publications;
- Actively support policy advocacy and outreach programmes;
- Support the Institute’s contribution to The UWI’s Strategic Plan; and
- Be an active member of the IGDS:NBU and The UWI, Cave Hill Campus community\
Applicants should also have:
- Experience in teaching in Gender/Women’s Studies or Scociology, Political Science, International Relations and Feminist Economics at the tertiary level;
- Demonstrated scholarly research and publications in the field of feminist/gender/women’s studies;
- A strong track record in teaching, research and publications in their field;
- Experience supervising PhD and MPhil students.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to conduct a job talk, deliver a lecture/seminar with students, and an interview before a final selection is made. These may be conducted either online or face-to-face.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties by August 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Detailed applications (two copies) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience and biodata and three (3) signed up-to-date referee reports should be sent as soon as possible to The Assistant Registrar (Human Resources), The University of the West Indies, P.O. Box 64, Bridgetown, Barbados. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your first and higher degrees were obtained from different Universities, please provide a referee report from each University and one referee should be a member of your present organization. Job Application Packs are available from our website: www.cavehill.uwi.edu/hr/careers.aspx.