Call for Proposals: Author Celebration
Caribbean Studies Association 46th Annual Conference
June 5 – 9, 2023
Members of the CSA who have published books between 2022 and 2023 and who will attend the 2023 conference are invited to participate in the Author Celebration. The Author Celebration will be held on 6th from 6-8 pm at the Company House hotel where we will celebrate our colleagues’. The sessions will comprise of brief introductions of each book followed by, if time permits, open discussions with the authors.
Do make note of the following guidelines:
- Authors must be present at the conference.
- Books must be presented by a colleague; authors cannot introduce their own books.
- Presenters will be allotted 5-7 minutes to introduce each book.
If you have a book that you would like to have featured in an Author Celebration session, please email Karen Flynn and Sheri Lewis at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name and affiliation
- Title of the book, publisher and publication date
- Image of the front cover of your book
- Name and contact information of the colleague who has agreed to introduce your book.
All materials and information must be submitted by Friday, April 14 to:
Karen Flynn, Co-Chair
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
Sherri Lewis, Co-Chair