Deadline: March 20, 2020
The Caribbean Studies Association (CSA) is pleased to announce the 2019 Gordon K. and Sybil Farrell Lewis Award. The award consists of a Diploma and USD$500, and it will be presented on June 5th , 2020, at the 45th Annual CSA Conference in Georgetown, Guyana.
We will be entertaining submissions in any of the CSA approved languages: English, Spanish and French.
Among the criteria that will be weighed by the panel of judges are:
- The theoretical contribution to our understanding of historical and/or contemporary issues within a discipline of the broader field of Caribbean Studies.
- The methodological rigor of the work, e.g., the use of primary source or archival/historical data, methodological innovativeness, and suggestions for new avenues of research and thinking about the Caribbean.Publishers and authors must send two copies of their book, according to the subject (Humanities or Social Sciences) to two members of the corresponding jury, according to the language in which the book is written.
Chair of the Gordon K. and Sybil Lewis Award: Dra. Catalina Toro Perez
The mailing address to send the books are:
- Rita Keresztesi (English)
1114 Idaho St.
Norman, OK 73071
- Ineke Phaf- Rheinberger (English)
- Margarita Vargas (Spanish or French)
Calle Clavel # 14 departamento A-101, Colonia La Candelaria, Delegación Coyoacán
Ciudad de México, CP 04380
- Yolanda Wood (Spanish or French)
Peras # 36 Colonia Canutillo 3ra Sección, Delegación Álvaro Obregón
Ciudad de México, 01560
- Pascal Buleon (English or French)
Esplanade de la Paix.CS 14032 Caen
- Agustin Lao-Montes (English or Spanish)
Sociology, Thompson Hall
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01002
- Carolle Charles (English or French)
Department of Sociology
Box B4-260 VC-55 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10010-5585
- Anita Waters (English)
624 Catfish Creek Road
Lake Placid, Florida 33852
- Anthony P. Maingot, (English and Spanish)
6891 SW 17th St.
Plantation, Florida, USA 33317
- Catalina Toro Pérez (Spanish or French)
Facultad de Derecho, Ciencias Políticas y Sociales
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Av. Carrera 30 # 45-03 – Ciudad Universitaria
Edificio 201 – Piso 3 – Sala de Profesores