The American Literature Association Conference
The American Literature Association Conference is May 26-29, 2016
Hyatt Regency in San Francisco
The Edwidge Danticat Society invites papers for a panel at the 27h Annual American Literature Association conference. In light of Edwidge Danticat’s most recent concern with the Haitian/Dominican border and citizenship crisis, we welcome papers that explore Danticat’s activist and creative work in relationship to borders, citizenship, and denationalization.
The Edwidge Danticat Society invites proposals for 15-minute presentations, possible topics include:
- Re-thinking borderlands and citizenship through Edwidge Danticat’s works
- Questions of Exile and Belonging in Haiti and the Haitian Diaspora, i.e.,Dominicans of Haitian descent
- Representations of Dominican and Haitian Borders
- Dominican Republic Citizenship Ruling and Denationalization
- Intersections of Literature and Social Activism in Danticat’s work (Citizenship Ruling)
By December 20, 2015, please submit a 150 word biography, 300 word abstract (including working title) and any a/v needs to Megan Feifer, email@example.com.
Membership with the Edwidge Danticat Society is required for panelists, but it is not required to submit proposals for consideration.
Membership dues to the Edwidge Danticat Society (www.edwidgedanticatsociety.org) must be paid by March 15, 2015. ALA conference registration (www.americanliteratureassociation.org) must be paid by March 15, 2015, or papers/panels will not appear in the conference program.