Join the Team of The University of the West Indies (UWI)! Here, a dynamic, vibrant and innovative cadre of academic staff, administrative and professional staff drawn from local, regional and international higher education arena, guarantee a culture of diversity in a world–class higher education atmosphere. The University of the West Indies represents the oldest institution of its kind within the region; offering a wide range of undergraduate, masters and doctoral programmes in Humanities and Education, Science and Technology, Agriculture, Engineering, Law, the Medical Sciences and the Social Sciences. The UWI has collectively contributed more renowned business leaders, innovators, international achievers, heads of state, Rhodes Scholars and Nobel Laureates than any other institution in the Caribbean Region.
In furtherance of its enduring mission to advance education and create knowledge through excellence in teaching, research, innovation, public service, intellectual leadership and outreach in order to support the inclusive (social, economic, political, cultural, environmental) development of the Caribbean region and beyond, the UWI Mona is pleased to invite applicants for the position of:
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Drama And Film Studies
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- PhD (with specialization in Drama and Film Studies)
- Relevant teaching experience
- Demonstrated scholarly research
Applicants who also possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Certificate in University Teaching.
- Ability to teach in areas other than areas of specialization
- Experience supervising MPhil/PhD students.
- Evidence of prior grant acquisition.
- Administrative experience within an Academic Institution.
- Evidence of Curriculum Development (face to face or distant delivery modes).
- Evidence of contribution to the Public Service OR field of Study
The successful candidates will be required to:
- Teach, research and participate in the strategic planning and management of teaching and learning, including curricula development within the Department and wider Faculty;
- Contribute to the life of the University and advance teaching, research and community outreach.
Applicants are required to submit a curriculum vitae (inclusive of a statement on teaching and research interests) giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, the names and addresses of three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) and copies of academic qualifications. Applications should be submitted at: http://www.mona.uwi.edu/, Career Opportunities page. The final date for receipt of applications is January 23, 2016.
The successful candidate is expected to assume duties on August 1, 2016.
The University thanks all applicants. However, due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus…… Inspiring Excellence, Producing Leaders