Caribbean Lifestyles by Eloise Gonsalves, a boutique and rapidly expanding interior design company in the Caribbean focusing on both residential and hospitality interiors is seeking a Designer willing to relocate to an idyllic island. Candidate must be highly organized, a self-starter and have the ability to move projects forward independently. They must also have an excellent work ethic, a trained eye and the ability to think strategically. You will collaborate with the design team to produce impactful designs that reflect the colorful, high-end work of the firm and capture and promote our company vision of bringing more beauty and tranquility to the Caribbean.
Apart from a willingness to jump into the ocean at the end of a hot sweaty day, while working on a beachside resort in flip flops and a sarong, the job description, and job requirements include the following:
- Project development and design direction
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Use feedback from other designers to improve
- Identify possible job opportunities for the company
- Researching and shopping for all materials fabrics, finishes, products
- Obtaining various price options for items
- follow up on ordered samples making payments and returning samples where required
- Follow up on shipments and making sure all documents are sent on time to the freight forwarders and brokers.
- Help start accounts with main design houses in the U.S.
- Help create design boards
- Assisting with project installations
- Interact with clients and keep them informed and abreast of all stages of the project
- Attend trade shows/markets with designer
- Maintain a very well organized and functional showroom and reference library
- Add new catalogs and samples while purging discontinued and outdated catalogs
- Maintain vendor information in file cabinets to ensure information and pricing lists are accurate and up to date
- Keep binders updated
- Assist with phones, when needed
- Assist with keeping Houzz, Facebook, and Pinterest up to date and current.
- 3+ years interior design experience
- AutoCAD, floor plans, elevations, and detailed drawing skills, any 3D software experience
- Interest in growing the business, honing your skills and taking on increasing responsibility
- High degree of creativity and personal sense of style
- Strategic thinker who pays attention to details is very organized and is capable of pitching creative ideas.
- Punctual and discreet and with a strong sense of integrity
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- MS Office/Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop.