Assistant Professor – Transnational Feminism
The Department of Political Science and the Women’s and Gender Studies Program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln seek a tenure-track Assistant Professor with expertise in transnational feminism to begin August 2017. Applicants would hold a joint appointment with 0.40 FTE in Women’s and Gender Studies and 0.60 FTE and tenure home in the Department of Political Science.
- D. in Political Science or a related field;
- A record of achievement in scholarship;
- Research focus in feminism, conflict and human rights; human security; feminist international relations; political behavior and gender; and gender and public policy, or related areas;
- Ability to teach WMNS 250: Sex and Gender Around the Globe in Women and Gender Studies program;
- Ability to lead WGS research emphasis in Transnational Feminism.
- Maintain an active program of research;
- Contribute to the teaching and engagement missions of both units
- Teach WMNS 250: Sex and Gender Around the Globe for the Women’s and Gender Studies program
- Help to lead the Women’s and Gender Studies Program’s research emphasis in Transnational Feminism.
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program and the Department of Political Science have a strong commitment to principles of diversity and actively encourage applications from groups underrepresented in higher education. Review of applications will begin October 2, 2016 and continue until the position is filled. To be considered for the position, please go to http://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_160174, and click on “Apply to this job.” Candidates should attach a cover letter expressing interest in the position, curriculum vitae, research and teaching statements, a list of up to five relevant publications, and contact information for three references. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work-life balance, and dual careers. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.