Call for Papers
Art and Activism in Latin America session at UAAC-AAUC
Online Conference – 2020 – Congrès
October 15- 17 octobre, 2020
The theme of this session is art and activism in Latin America. Art and activism are two distinct academic disciplines, but ones which can dialogue and merge into action, which ranges from cultural production to a mutual understanding of contemporary political and social changes. We will therefore look at Latin America contemporary artists whose work blends art and activism. Artists in different contexts and Latin America countries have increasingly positioned themselves in situations of political and social change, from climate change to human rights. The current political crises, the coronavirus crises and the consequences to the global economy, as well as the social struggles that lead to large influxes of Latin America migrants into the United States, have already inspired many. Further examples to be deepened in this research are the works that focus on refugees fleeing political persecution, Latin America protest art, social injustices, resistance, art and politics.
We invite 300-word abstracts of the proposed papers to be sent along with a short academic CV to Tatiane de Oliveira Elias e-mail: email@example.com before 1st august 2020.
Submissions must include / Les soumissions doivent inclure :
- the name of the applicant / le nom de l’intervenant·e
- the applicant’s email address / l’adresse courriel de l’intervenant·e
- the applicant’s institutional affiliation and rank / l’affiliation institutionnelle et le titre de l’intervenant·e
- title of proposal / le titre de la communication
- a proposal (300 words maximum) / une proposition de communication (maximum de 300 mots)
- a brief biography (150 words maximum) / une courte biographie (maximum 150 mots)
Submissions must be submitted via the Call for Papers form attached. / Les propositions doivent être soumises utilisant le formulaire ci-inclus < Appel à communications >.
Proposals may be submitted by current members or non-members of UAAC. Non-members MUST become members of UAAC and pay registration fees in order to present a paper at the conference. Membership dues and registration fees must be received by September 11, 2020
More information at https://uaac-aauc.com/conference/