The American Association of Hispanics in Higher Education (AAHHE), Inc. is now accepting applications for the AAHHE Graduate Student Fellows Program (GSFP) for the 2020 AAHHE National Conference. The conference will be held March 4- March 7, 2020, at the Hilton Costa Mesa Hotel in Costa Mesa, California . Participation in the fellowship program will begin on Wednesday March 4th, continue throughout the conference, and end at noon on Saturday March 7th.
AAHHE Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be Hispanic and/or Latina/o;
- Be enrolled in full-time graduate study in a doctoral program;
- Demonstrate academic potential through past experiences and future career goals;
- Aspire to enter the college/university professoriate and/or administration;
- Exhibit a track record of service to the Hispanic and/or Latina/o community.
- Be willing to actively participate in and commit to attend every GSFP event.
The AAHHE Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship includes conference registration fees, special events, hotel accommodations, and travel funding.
Graduate Fellowship recipients are expected to engage throughout the conference through the following:
- Participate in all fellowship program and conference sessions and special events (March 4 – March 7, 2020);
- Formally present your research to other AAHHE Graduate Fellows in the Graduate Research Symposium and/or in a general conference poster session
- Provide staffing support for AAHHE activities and interact with AAHHE members and conference attendees;
- Engage in informal discussions on research interests with AAHHE members;
- Develop a Policy Brief under the guidance of an AAHHE member
Multidisciplinary Graduate Student Fellows Application Procedures:
To apply for an AAHHE Graduate Student Fellowship, submit the following materials no later than Friday, September 20, 2019 by 5pm (PST).
- Application form
- Statement of interest (no more than 2 single-spaced pages or 1,000 words)
- Research topic (no more than 150 words)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- One letter of support from an advisor, supervisor, or faculty member (additional letters will not be considered)
Please Note: Applicants are responsible for ensuring all materials are submitted no later than Friday, September 20, 2019 by 5 pm (PST) to be considered for this fellowship. Late applications will not be considered.
Click here for the application.