Call for Abstracts
Sport Studies and Higher Education Conference
An Interdisciplinary Approach
2nd Biennial Conference
“Physical Literacy: Gender, Science, and Sport for Development”
13th – 15th January, 2016
The University of the West Indies (UWI) will host its 2nd Biennial Interdisciplinary Conference on Sport Studies and Higher Education under the theme “Physical Literacy: Gender, Science and Sport for Development” at the UWI St Augustine Campus, Trinidad and Tobago from January 13-15, 2016.
We invite all academics, researchers, students, sport administrators and experts, athletes and other members of the sporting industry to submit abstracts for consideration.Please see attached the Announcement and Call for Abstracts for further insight into the conference. Submissions may be based on quantitative or qualitative studies, including but not limited to the following sub themes:
- The Role of the State
- The History of Sport in the Caribbean
- Literary Discourses on Sport
- Sport for All – Development of the Whole Person
- Sexualities and Gender Identities in Sport
- Women and Sport Issues and Challenges
- Physical Education
- Sporting Facilities
- Sport and Persons with Disabilities
- Movement and Physicality
- Sport Science
- Anti-Doping Policy
- Sport Tourism
- Sport Psychology
- Sociology of Sport
- Sport Economics
- Athletes: Student Athletes & Elite Athletes
- Deadline for abstract submissions: 31st October, 2015
- Conference Opening Ceremony: 13th January, 2016
- Conference Dates: 14th – 15th January, 2016
The official language of the conference is English. Abstracts submitted for approval must be in English.
For further information please visit the conference website https://sta.uwi.edu/conferences/16/sportstudies/ or feel free to contact the undersigned.
We look forward to your participation and/or contribution. We are kindly asking that you share this information with your respective networks.
Kyome Pascall Mortley (Ms)
2nd Biennial Sport Studies and Higher Education Conference 2016