Prairie Home Productions, is the small media company that produced the popular American radio show “A Prairie Home Companion” for many years. We have staged 11 cruises in the past for Prairie Home Companion fans, and this coming March 2020, we are sailing to the Caribbean on a 7-day cruise, with stops in Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands; Cozumel, Mexico; and Key West, Florida. We provide our fans with unique entertainment that they can’t see on a regular cruise, including specialty musicians, actors, and lecturers. People who are already booked to join us can be viewed here: http://www.garrisonkeillor.com/cruise-2020/#Talent).
We would like to bring onboard a lecturer who specializes in Caribbean (especially Jamaican) history so our guests (most of whom are American) can get an idea of the political and social contexts of our destinations. We are wondering if any particular members from your organization come to mind as good candidates for the job. Major requirements:
- availability March 17- March 25
- extensive knowledge of Caribbean and Jamaican history, preferably early history to colonial to post-colonial to today
- have an international passport valid through Sept 25, 2020
- entertaining, passionate lecturer with ability to connect with older American passengers
- ability to give approximately three different 45-min lectures (might give repeat performances) and write a short (300 words) piece for our onboard newsletter
The cruise dates are March 18-March 25, and we will provide monetary compensation plus a free cabin (with room for a guest), travel reimbursement, and more.
For more information contact:
Prairie Home Productions/ The Writer’s Almanac